Thank you for being part of the 30th annual Australian and New Zealand Society of Criminology conference. We look forward to welcoming you to the conference, and ensuring your presentation runs smoothly.
Please go to the room that you will be presenting in at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your session to ensure that your presentation is ready to go and to meet the chair. The chair of each session will introduce the speakers so please make yourself known to them. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated session length includes time for questions.
The session chair will introduce you at the beginning of your presentation, and will facilitate questions from the audience at the end, time permitting.
Uploading your presentation
The speakers’ preparation area is located on level one and will be available for all presenters to load, edit and check through their presentations throughout the conference. Please ensure that you have given your presentation to the technician in the room by the end of the break prior to your session.
Presentations should be brought to the venue on a portable storage device such as a USB drive. We also suggest you have access to your presentation in a web-accessible back up file such as email or DropBox.
A venue technician will be available to assist you with your presentation upload, and to ensure it is linked to the correct room and session.
Session room provisions
Each conference session room will be equipped with a lectern and microphone, screen and projector with a PC Notebook (not Mac). A screen will be used for the presentations with a ratio of 4:3.
Any special requests outside of these parameters should be advised as soon as possible to ensure we can accommodate your presentation.
In the interest of running seamless transitions between presentations, presenters cannot use their own laptops. All slideshows will be copied onto the main presentation machines. If you have any questions/comments, please email the conference organisers.
Tips for preparing your presentation
Movies or sound files
If you have movies or sound files in the PowerPoint presentation please embed them and also bring copies of sound or movie files on separate media.
Advise the technician that you have movie files.
- Immediately upon your arrival at the venue ask the technician to check the integrity of the files on the conference network
- We can assist with media files but this takes time, so it is in your best interests to advise the technician that you embedded video files as soon as possible.
Bring a Backup Copy
- CDs can often be damaged in transit
- Fonts: Bring a copy of any unusual fonts you require
- Third Party Software: Bring a copy of any industry specific software that you may require
Ensure a complete and effective presentation every time
- Create a folder for your presentation. Copy every file that is used in the presentation into this folder. This will include all pictures, movies, sounds or any files that are used in the presentation. Now re-create any links so that they access this presentation folder (insert movies and sounds from file). Remember to resave the presentation.
- To copy your presentation you should now include the entire folder, complete with all files that it will access via the links. This will ensure your presentation is saved and viewed successfully and as intended.
- Another advantage of this approach is that you have access to the original files such as video clips etc in the event of PowerPoint problems.
If you are uncertain about any aspect of your presentation please discuss your concerns with our on-site specialist technical staff.